Revit Essentials for Architecture: 2021 and beyond
By Paul F. Aubin
About the Book
Publisher: G3B Press
Revit Essentials for Architecture combines a straightforward, reader-friendly style with detailed project-focused exercises that encourage you to learn by doing. Readers will gain practical, firsthand experience with the powerful and popular Autodesk® Revit® software; purpose-built for Building Information Modeling (BIM), which industry leading architects and building design professionals are using to move beyond traditional Computer Aided Design (CAD) and drafting to manage complex projects, foster collaboration and boost productivity. With tools for early schematic design and planning, detailed design development studies and tools to create complete sets of deliverables including traditional construction document sets and modern digital output, Revit offers the modern architect everything they need to be successful in today's competitive market. Within these pages you will find a concise manual focused squarely on the rationale and practicality of creating architectural projects within the BIM paradigm. The emphasis is on proven best-practice procedures rather than a series of independent commands and tools. The goal of each lesson is to help readers complete building design projects successfully. You will find equal emphasis on "why" individual tools and features are used, not just "how" to perform the picks and clicks. The text and exercises seek to give the reader a clear sense of the value of the tools, while remaining focused on practical examples from architectural practice. Revit Essentials for Architecture provides resources designed to shorten your learning curve, raise your comfort level, and, most importantly, give you real-life, tested, and practical advice on the usage of the software to create architectural Building Information Models.
- Thorough coverage of the essential skills required to use Revit for Architecture.
- Includes coverage of modeling tools, setting up views, composing sheets, working with design options, linked files, and team collaboration with worksharing.
- The author combines his extensive experience as an educator and architectural professional with a straightforward, engaging writing style, making even complex material easier for readers to master and apply to real projects.
- Practical, project-focused exercises encourage readers to "learn by doing," giving a deeper understanding of the BIM process and the tools and techniques used to practice it.
- BIM Manager tips throughout the text offer readers practical insights on what is required to manage building information modeling in a modern architectural setting.
- Dataset and practice files are included and available for download from the author's website.
- Files are provided for each chapter, so you can skip to just the topics you need or follow the lessons from start to finish. Check your progress by comparing your results to the completed versions provided.
- Use the book with Autodesk® Revit®, or Autodesk® Revit® LT software.
- Read Me File
File type: .txt | File size: 6KB
- Imperial Units Dataset files
File type: .exe | File size: 1.0GB
- Metric Units Dataset files
File type: .exe | File size: 1.0GB
File type: .pdf | File size: 7.5MB
- Free Book Excerpt (From BIM After Dark)
File type: .exe | File size: 30MB
Table of Contents
|by Harlan Brumm
|Introduction and Methodology
|Quick Start Overview
|Conceptual Underpinnings of Revit
|Revit User Interface
|Creating the Building Model
|Creating a Building Layout
|Setting Up Project Levels and ViewS
|Column Grids and Structural Layout
|Groups and Links
|Floors and RoofS
|Developing the Exterior Skin
|Families and the Family Editor
|Detailing and Annotation
|Working with Schedules, Tags and Data
|Ceiling Plans and Interior Elevations
|Printing and Output
|Conceptual Massing and Rendering
|Rendering and Presentation