The Aubin Academy: Revit Architecture
By Paul F. Aubin
Revit 2017 Update PDF
- Download this PDF to bring your copy of “The Aubin Academy Revit Architecture: 2016 and beyond” up to date with the new 2017 release of Revit! This document contains 15 pages detailing the new platform and architectural features in the software. Learn about enhancements to schedules, rendering, reference planes, the family editor, worksharing and view range. And see the all new features of global parameters, depth cueing and let's not forget the all new text editor! The document presents each new feature and indicates the chapter where the original feature is covered in the existing book where appropriate.
- Download Free Update (PDF)
About the Book
Publisher: G3B Press
The Aubin Academy: Revit Architecture combines a straightforward, reader-friendly style with detailed project-focused exercises that encourage you to learn by doing. Readers will gain practical, firsthand experience with the powerful and popular Autodesk® Revit® Architecture software; purpose-built for Building Information Modeling (BIM), which industry leading architects and building design professionals are using to move beyond traditional Computer Aided Design (CAD) and drafting to manage complex projects, foster collaboration and boost productivity. With tools for early schematic design, planning, detailed design development studies and tools to create complete sets of deliverables including traditional construction document sets and modern digital output,
Revit offers the modern architect everything they need to be successful in today’s competitive market.
Within these pages you will find a concise manual focused squarely on the rationale and practicality of creating architectural projects within the BIM paradigm. The emphasis is on proven best-practice procedures rather than a series of independent commands and tools. The goal of each lesson is to help readers complete building design projects successfully. You will find equal emphasis on “why” individual tools and features are used, not just “how” to performs the picks and clicks.
- Thorough coverage of the essential skills required to use Revit Architecture to create building design projects including: modeling
tools, setting up views, composing sheets, working with design options, linked files and team collaboration with worksharing.
- The author combines his extensive experience as an educator and architectural professional with a straightforward, engaging
writing style, making even complex material easier for readers to master and apply to real projects.
- Practical, project-focused exercises encourage readers to “learn by doing,” giving them a deeper understanding of the BIM
process and the tools and techniques used to complete it.
- Power User/BIM Manager tips throughout the text offer readers practical insights on what is required to manage building
information modeling in a modern architectural setting.
- Dataset and practice files are included with the text and available for download from the author’s website. Files are provided for
each chapter, so you can skip to just the topics you need, or follow the lessons from start to finish.
- Dataset and instructions provided in both imperial and metric units.
- Check your progress by comparing your results to the completed versions provided in each chapter’s downloadable dataset.
- Use the text to help you prepare for Autodesk Professional Certification. Icons next to pertinent topic headings throughout the
text help you prepare for the certification exam.
- Use the book with Autodesk® Revit®, Autodesk® Revit® Architecture, or Autodesk® Revit® LT software.
- Read Me
File type: .exe | File size: 6KB
- Dataset Download (Imperial)
File type: .exe | File size: 630MB
- Dataset Download (Metric)
File type: .exe | File size: 780MB
- Appendix A
File type: .pdf | File size: 1.3MB
Table of Contents
|by Lynn Allen
|Introduction and Methodology
|Quick Start Overview
|Conceptual Underpinnings of Revit Architecture
|Revit User Interface
|Creating the Building Model
|Creating a Building LayouT
|Setting Up Project Levels and ViewS
|Column Grids and Structural Layout
|Groups and Links
|Floors and RoofS
|Developing the Exterior Skin
|Families and the Family Editor
|Detailing and Annotation
|Working with Schedules, Tags and Data
|Ceiling Plans and Interior Elevations
|Printing and Output
|Conceptual Massing and Rendering
|Rendering and Presentation
Buy this Book
Buy Kindle Edition
The Aubin Academy: Revit Architecture